Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Addition update...

So...today is the 29th, Tuesday, June 29th. On Saturday we are having some people over for a cookout to celebrate 4th of July and Wythe's birthday. That is 4 days from now. As some of you know, there are lots of things involved with having a party, cooking, shopping, cleaning, etc., etc.

Today my dear husband decided that the next step in the addition project is removing the wall in the kitchen. GULP. I have been dragging my feet on this step because as long as the wall was up I could close the door and pretend that my house isn't under construction. That is what I've been doing for the past 15 months. Today, that all changed. The wall came down. No, it wasn't as dramatic as the Berlin Wall and no pieces of it aren't selling on EBay (at least not yet) but it was a big deal for me. It was a bigger deal because I am preparing for a party. But I took a few deep breaths to lower my blood pressure and watched the destruction. The good part of this is maybe we will stay motivated to finish the project now that it is literally staring us in the face.


view from living room, looking towards kitchen and wall that will soon be gone


"Mr. Rightmyer, tear down this wall!"


the wall is gone

'til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments...