Sunday, June 13, 2010

Reading...Anne Perry

I've been reading, for the second time, Buckingham Palace by Anne Perry. I have read most, if not all, of her books and really enjoy them. I'm constantly debating with myself whether I like the Thomas Pitt series the best or the William Monk series. When I read a book about Thomas and Charlotte I am convinced that they are my favorite characters but when I read about William and Hester then I change my mind.
This book is about Thomas Pitt but it is not one of my favorites, it is still good, I have read it twice but it has very little of Charlotte, Emily or Aunt Vespasia in it, and they are critical characters. Thomas seems to be under a lot of stress and isn't functioning like he normally would. I feel at times that as the reader you start to get impatient with him for not understanding what you can see. Overall, it is still a good book, just not my favorite of the series.

'til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments...