Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Banana Muffins

I have been trying to come up with a recipe for muffins that has some nutritional value. These muffins are very dense and moist, so they are great for breakfast, very filling! My son eats them just plain but I will admit that I prefer a little butter with them, they need just a little something. I usually make a large batch of muffins and freeze a bunch, since they are moist and heavy they seem to freeze well.  I was going to try and tweak this recipe some more but I think I will leave it alone for now. If I do anything I will try and convert this to gluten free.

Banana Muffins
Yield: 60 muffins

2 cups butter
2/3 cup honey
1 cup yogurt
12 ripe bananas (the riper the better)
4 eggs
4 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups white flour
4 tsp. baking soda
4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup flax seed

Cream butter and honey. Add eggs in, mix well.
In separate bowl mix flours, baking soda, cinnamon, flax seed and wheat germ.
In another bowl blend together bananas and yogurt till smooth.
Alternate adding flour mixture and banana mixture to butter mixture until well mixed.
Pour into greased muffin tins, fill 2/3 full, and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
Enjoy!


'til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments...