Friday, May 28, 2010

Birthday dinner...

Tonight we celebrated my birthday by getting a babysitter and going out to dinner by ourselves!  We went to Iron Bridge Restaurant in Warrenton. We had a very enjoyable time, it is not a place to take little children so it was a good choice for a birthday dinner. Peter had a steak and I got lamb chops. I really like lamb but for some reason am very chicken about cooking it. Whenever we are at a nice restaurant and they serve lamb I am always tempted to get it. This restaurant is actually a wine bar but ironically we didn't have much wine. I started out with a Bellini with our baked Brie, fulling intending to order a red wine with my lamb. But I forgot until it was too late. I did get a dessert wine with the Creme Brulee but I wasn't really impressed by that. It was a raspberry wine but I didn't think it was that good. I actually filled out the comment card and suggested that they serve "Noche" from Cooper Vineyards. It is a chocolate wine and would have been delicious with dessert.

It is so rare that we get an evening out without kiddos that that in itself is a treat.

'til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments...