Monday, July 12, 2010

Too much sugar...

Well, my just-turned-two-year-old needs his first cleansing diet!  Between his birthday party at our house where he was treated to a piece of cake and some ice cream, to his actually birthday where he got to eat a piece of his leftover cake to his birthday party this weekend when he got a piece of cake...now all he wants is cake.

Today we went to our neighbors house for a party, it was lovely as always!  She has such a beautiful place, beautiful view, beautiful trees, beautiful lawn, etc., etc. Yes, I like her place! For the party she was providing drinks and most of the meal and everyone was supposed to bring sides or dessert. I took a cake, since I had only baked two cakes that week I thought..."why not bake another cake!!"  Actually, it was the only thing I had the ingredients for without going to the store and I didn't feel like driving into town. So I fixed a black forest cake....yum!  I had forgotten that Black Forest cake is one of my favorite cakes. I made the chocolate cake in two layers, putting whipped cream and cherries in the middle and drizzling it with cherry schnapps. Then I covered it with whipped cream, pressed cake crumbs on the side of the cake and topped it with more whipped cream and cherries. It was yummy and the best part was taking home a piece to eat for breakfast!

But I digress, back to the party....

My plan to put Wythe back on his normal diet of almost no sugar was reinforced by his obsession with the dessert table and the many times we pried his fingers out of the cake. We would try to distract him with playing but before we knew it little fingers were digging in the cake again! I have a feeling Wythe will not be a happy camper next week when the week goes by with no parties, no presents and most importantly....NO CAKE!

'til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments...