Friday, June 5, 2009

First road trip with a baby...(Part 3)

Saturday – Once again Wythe decided to wake up bright and early, I guess he was afraid he would miss something. I decided that we would go for a drive and maybe a walk. So we went into Charleston and drove around a little. We parked down by the Battery and took a walk.



Since it was so early the temperature was still pretty comfortable but you could tell it was going to be a hot day. We walked around the water and then stopped and took at picture of Wythe by the cannon balls.



Then we walked to look at the homes Charleston is famous for, they are so beautiful!



By the end of our walk there were quite a few people out and about, running, walking their dogs, etc. There was an arts and crafts festival going on that weekend. I thought about going there and I also wanted to go to the outdoor market but by the time it was opening Wythe was in need of a nap.



So, I loaded him back in the car so that he could go to sleep. Wythe got a nap in the car while we drove back towards the house.


That afternoon we spent some more time in the pool. Wythe was getting more and more comfortable in the pool. I held him on his stomach in the water and he would move his arms like he was swimming, it was so cute!

 


 
Wythe was having a blast the whole time. He was constantly the center of attention and he knew it, I think he was thriving on it. He had lots of pictures taken of him and got to the point that he would stop and pose when he saw a camera flash, I don’t know where he gets that!


That night we all went to dinner at a restaurant on Isle of Palms. You could actually see the place from the house, most people walked over there. I drove since I didn’t feel like lugging Wythe and all the paraphernalia. At the restaurant we were seated on an outdoor porch. It was nice because the atmosphere was pretty casual so Wythe’s little shrieks didn’t stand out. He did pretty well at dinner other than knocking over a water glass into his aunt’s lap! He did get pretty fussy at one time but I stood up with him and jiggled him till he went to sleep. The restaurant was a seafood place and I ordered crab cakes with a tomato, onion and cucumber salad, it was delicious!

After dinner we all went back to the house. I went up to put Wythe to bed and ended up falling asleep myself so it ended up being a pretty early night. The rest of the house stayed up and played games till pretty late but Wythe slept right through the riotous laughter!

 


'til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments...