Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Reading...A Moveable Feast

A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway.

I borrowed this book from the library because I wanted to reread it before reading the newer edited version.  It had been years since I had read this book, I forgot how much I enjoy Hemingway!  Reading this makes me want to reread some of his other books.

The version I read was published in 1964. In 2009 a grandson of Hemingway published a version called the "Restored Edition".  Supposedly it restores some passages that were edited out of the 1964 edition and "tones down" some other passages.  I am curious to read the newer edition and see what the differences are.  I always found the references to his happiness with Hadley to be especially moving,  particularly if you know his history.

Of course I enjoyed this book, how could I not like Hemingway?

'til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments...