Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Addition update

We are continuing to work on the addition project...slowly but surely.   This week Peter fixed the trim in the current piano room. We did have french doors separating the piano room and living room. We moved the french doors out to the addition where they will separate the the new piano room from the bedroom. But after the doors were moved we weren't able to fix the door jam where the hinges had been. We tried patching it a few different ways but since the trim is stained and not painted there just wasn't a way to conceal it.  We could have replaced the entire door jam but we couldn't remove the door jam without cracking the trim and the cost of replacing everything would have been pricey. So we decided to add trim to the door jam and cover up the holes.  Now that it is up you really don't even notice it, it looks like it has always been there.

'til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments...