Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Thinking of Paris....

In honor of Bastille Day I'm posting a few of my favorite photos from Paris.   It has been over 10 years since my trip,  I never thought I would stay away so long.  I'm hopeful I will visit there again soon, especially considering I have a child who is obsessed with the place!







I stayed near Sacré-Cœur and went by it a couple times a day.  Most mornings I would start my day with a ham and cheese crepe and cafe creme at a little place right on the corner. 

steps near Sacré-Cœur 




The Eiffel Tower was every bit as amazing as I had imagined it would be.  My first up-close look at the tower happened at night,  I stopped in the street and marveled.



Wouldn't you love to live here??

This Irish pub became my home away from home.  I know it seems corny to frequent an Irish bar in Paris but...I did.   I spent my days visiting museums, monuments, wandering from one neighborhood to another.  But at the end of a long day is was nice to go to a place where I could speak English, even the French were willing to speak English when in the pub.  So, I ended most of my days by having a nightcap here before heading back to my hostel.  In just a couple weeks I became a "regular", so much so, that they threw me a 'goodbye party' when I left Paris!
Corcoran's - Place de Clichy



And a couple more pics of the tower....just because...



'til next time...







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments...