Monday, February 4, 2013

This is MY soaking tub....

As many of you know we worked for years on the master bedroom addition.  Literally.  

During those years of hammering, sawdust, sheet-rock mud the one thing I looked forward to was my ginormous soaking tub. I would dream about how nice it was going to be when I could have a nice long soak at the end of a long day. Those dreams have come true. I have enjoyed nice, hot soaks at the end of long days, I even wrote about it here.  Although, I have had some lovely soaks, ones that looked like this,

I have come to realize that the only way to truly enjoy the tub is to take a bath in the middle of the night, when everyone is sleeping and the house is quiet. Taking a bath while the children are awake is a joke. It is the same problem that all moms have, as soon as you enter the bathroom you become the most fascinating person ever.  Even if the kids are happily playing with dad they will lose all interest in him the minute you close that bathroom door. 

Recently I tried to take a bath during the daylight hours on a weekend when the kids were being watched/entertained by dad. Within moments my bathroom had been invaded. 

A few minutes later the traffic picked up. 

This is not what I had in mind when I dreamt about my soaking tub. 



'til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments...