Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Reading...Death Comes to Pemberley

Death Comes To Pemberley by P.D. James.

I received this book for Christmas and was eager and hesitant to read it.  This book is a murder mystery involving the characters from Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice.  There have been a number of books that are take-offs on Jane Austen's book characters, I am always hesitant to read them because I fear they will ruin Jane Austen's characters for me.

Having read P. D. James books previously I felt sure that she would take care with such beloved characters. I enjoyed the book, it is a glimpse into the lives of the Bingham's and Darcy's but it does not give so much information that would change the basic story line.  Although I enjoyed this book I may still stay away from other books written about the Pride and Prejudice characters.


'til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments...