Friday, December 24, 2010

The "joy" of Christmas cards...

I like Christmas cards. I like receiving Christmas cards. I like mailing Christmas cards. I even like making Christmas cards. What I do not like is waiting until the last minute to make cards and ending up staying up till 1AM several nights in a row trying to get them finished and mailed before the 25th. Every year I promise myself that they will be finished by the beginning of December and every year I fail.

Around the beginning of this month I finally finished taking the kids pictures for our Christmas card. Although I had intended to have the card finished by the beginning of December they were actually not all written and mailed until the week of Christmas....I almost made it. As those who receive our cards know, they are handmade, sometimes funny, sometimes corny (most of the time) but always one of a kind.  This year we attempted to incorporate the house addition project into our card since that has occupied most of our year. To do so we spray painted a Christmas tree on the Tyvek on the side of our addition. I then "gift wrapped" some cinder blocks as "gifts" and took pictures of the kids standing in front of the tree.
The front of the card read as follows.

"Due to the current economic situation and the fact that most of our money had gone to our house addition project, we thought about keeping Christmas low key this year..."





...but decided not to.





Here are a few more of the pictures that were taken for the card.

































'til next time...

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, LOVE your Christmas card idea. You are so creative and clever. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments...