Sunday, April 30, 2017

Reading in April...

This month I have been reading the following books:


Term Limits
by Vince Flynn
This is a re-read for me. I really like Vince Flynn's books and will often pick up one as a light, easy, engaging read.  Also, if you are feeling especially frustrating with Congress or your Senator, this book can feel particularly satisfying. 




The Book of Hygge
by Louisa Thomsen Brits
I enjoyed this book but it isn't my favorite book about hygge.  I would probably recommend the one I read last month, How to Hygge: The Nordic Secrets to a Happy Life. 




The Shoemaker's Wife
by Adriana Trigiani
I really enjoyed this book.  The story is of two Italian families and their journey to America  and is supposedly based on the lives of her grandparents.  I enjoyed it because it spans generations and tells a complete story for several of the characters. 




Scarpetta
by Patricia Cornwell
This was a re-read for me. This is book #16 in the Kay Scarpetta series.  I liked this book, not my favorite in the series.  I have been reading this series for so many years that I will continue to read the books she writes, even if they aren't my favorite.  You become attached to characters in books, and Kay and Benton have been  part of my life for many years!  I first became interested in her books at the beginning of the series when they were set in Richmond, the town I lived in.  I also had the pleasure of meeting the author a few times. 




A Man Called Ove
by Fredrik Backman
I really enjoyed this book. It is a beautiful story and may just make you think differently next time you encounter a curmudgeon! 




Love Warrior: A Memoir
by Glennon Doyle
Such a raw, honest book.  I love Glennon's inspiring words for bravery and love. 





Chaos
by Patricia Cornwell
This is #24 in the Kay Scarpetta series.  I am a dedicated Scarpetta reader so I will continue to read until the series in finished.  However, I did enjoy this book more than some of the other recent ones. 


'til next time...
























































No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments...