Friday, March 31, 2017

Reading in March...

In March I read the following books:


Mountains Beyond Mountains (Adapted for Young People): The Quest of Dr. Paul Farmer, A Man Who Would Cure the World
by Tracy Kidder
Excellent book about Dr. Paul Farmer's work in Haiti. 




The Nightingale: A Novel
by Kristin Hannah
This is the story of two sisters during WWII in Nazi-occupied France.  It is a beautiful story of such a difficult, tragic time. 





Picking Cotton: Our Memoir of Injustice and Redemption
by Jennifer Thompson-Cannino and Ronald Cotton
This book is a "true crime" story but also a story of forgiveness.  It is the story of Jennifer and Ronald, so not as encompassing as the book "Just Mercy" but still a great read. 




Dark Places
by Gillian Flynn
I loved Gone Girl but I didn't like this one quite as much. 




 
All But My Life: A Memoir
by Gerda Weissmann Klein
I love WWII memoirs and this one doesn't disappoint! 





The Man Who Was Thursday
G.K.Chesterton
One of my goals this year was to read more Chesterton.  This is an easy, entertaining read!





in a dark, dark wood
by Ruth Ware
This is a fast read for me, I finished it in one day.  It is a suspenseful book, I found the characters mostly unlikable but the story of intriguing enough to keep me turning the pages. 





What She Knew
by Gilly Macmillan
This book is a solid thriller!  It was heartbreaking and emotional and suspenseful.  


'til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments...