Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My little mess maker...

My daughter is my mess maker, oh my son makes messes too but not like my daughter. She is sneaky, she disappears and by the time you realize she is missing she has completely unloaded a cabinet/drawer/laundry hamper...you name it!  That seems to be her favorite occupation, unloading things, although at times she does like to reload as well. 

One of her recent tricks is to pull all of the tissues out of the tissue box, tear them into shreds and then stuff the pieces back into a box. At first glance you would never know that something was wrong until you reach for a tissue and pull out a piece that is actually smaller than your nose, then you pull out another shred....and another....till eventually you have enough shreds of tissue to hopefully wipe your nose without getting your fingers wet.

We don't have locks on our kitchen cabinets so that is fun for her!  Some days I don't mind her pulling out the pots and pans and plastic containers but other days you get really tired of reloading cabinets. I have put the food cabinet off limits, I think the first or second time she poured rice all over the floor I decided that was just too much fun for all parties involved! The funny thing is her older brother gets really upset by this behaviour. he tells her to stop making messes and tells me that she needs to "go to the corner". It is funny to see a 2-1/2 year old trying to set the rules for a 15 month old!

unloading the trash bags

"what??"







'til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments...