Friday, August 27, 2010

My summer love affair...

yes, I admit it, I fell in love again this summer. I fell into a deliciously seductive one sided love affair with a wine called "Aurora".  The wine is produced by Daniel Cellars in Barboursville, VA. It is a chocolate raspberry wine. While I must admit it does not usurp my love for "Noche" which is still my favorite chocolate wine, it is perfect for summer. Noche is a wonderful cold weather chocolate wine, it is decedent but also heavy. Aurora is a chocolate raspberry wine and is lighter and obviously fruity. I found it perfect for summer. Aurora is best chilled whereas Noche should be served room temperature.

Once again, I blame Wegman's for my new addiction, they were having a tasting one day of Aurora and just one taste got me hooked. One of the many reasons I would like to live at Wegman's. If they would only rent out rooms...

'til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments...