Thursday, October 22, 2009

Waiting for baby...waiting....and other stuff...

The first part of the month we were eagerly anticipating the arrival of our new baby! I was expecting her to be born around the 12th but that day came and went with no baby. So we waited...maybe tomorrow...but no baby...waiting....

We did get out of the house a few times and had some fun! The first weekend of the month we had dinner in Tyson’s with our friends Gary and Amy. We hadn’t seen them in almost two years so it was great to see them while they were in town.    Still waiting....

We also went to the yearly open house for the Smithsonian Zoo Research Center in Front Royal. It was a beautiful fall day and we enjoyed the views from the top of the hill. Wythe was just standing on his own at that point so we took some cute pics of him.  (waiting....)


"I can stand by myself !!"


"Wythe and his 9 month pregnant mommy"


"Wythe and Peter"


By the middle of the month I was starting to get anxious. It is hard when you are just....waiting. It was different this time because we had to make arrangements for Wythe while we were going to be at the hospital. My mom was planning to come stay with us but that didn't solve the issue if we ended up going to the hospital in the middle of the night. We talked about asking neighbors to come to the house but most of our neighbors work and we weren't going to ask them to take off work to watch Wythe. My doctor was perfectly o.k. with inducing me, he actually suggested it at the beginning of the month thinking if we had the baby earlier I wouldn't have to deliver a big baby. I wasn't crazy about being induced, I really wanted everything to go naturally. But as the days passed the idea seemed more and more appealing. My doctor and I decided that if the baby hadn't come by the 21st then I would be induced...so now I had a date. I knew that this pregnancy was actually going to end at some point! It was nice to be able to plan things accordingly, we made plans with my mom for her to come up the day before the big day. Then we just...waited!

Wythe started walking the week the baby was born. It was as if he knew mommy needed him to walk instead of being carried everywhere! It was so cute to see his stiff, little zombie walk as he toddled around the house!


'til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments...